A POC is “a realisation of a certain method or idea in order to demonstrate its feasibility.
A proof of concept is usually small and may or may not be complete”.
In Other words:
it’s a way of testing whether the idea you’ve had is actually going to work.
you have an idea for an app development for your organization, service or feature, but you’re not sure whether it’s even possible to achieve from a technical background as well as functional. So Next step should be to create a very minimal, functioning prototype which demonstrates the feasibility of the proposed technology.and based on that organization can get idea about its implementation.
Use of POC (Proof of Concept)
Most of the big organization or small organization are using proofs-of-concept,for different reasons:
- to understand a technical risk, such as the performance of a product or its ability to integrate with external systems.
- to evaluate different technology options for later selection e.g. choice of web server or database,security.
- to demonstrate how the product might work with a view to informing UX, design and business decisions over its features.
- you quickly learn whether what you want to do is achievable
- you quickly learn whether what you want to do is desirable
- you can get clear understanding of the idea , which you gonna implement.
If your will go with a proof of concept ,this is a great sign that your project is breaking new ground.It’s far more cost effective to make a prototype than to dive straight into development.
Thanks for reading. for any query or support feel free to contact at email@example.com